Ph.D. (2012): Environmental Science, Department of Earth and Environmental Science, Nagoya University (NU), Nagoya, Japan.
M.Phil. (2009): Environmental Science, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India.
NET/JRF (2007): Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences Joint CSIR-UGC, CSIR, New Delhi, India.
M.Sc. (2007): Environmental Science, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India.
B.Sc. (2005): Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry (Hons.) Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India.
Study of Aerosols Properties using remote sensing & modelling tools
Aerosol Radiative Forcing
Air Pollution & Climate Change: Policy Implications
2017 (Oct)–current: Assistant Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India.
2016 (July)–2017 (Oct): DST Inspire Faculty, Environmental Science and Biomedical Metrology Division, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, India.
2015 (Nov)–2016 (Mar): Post-Doctoral Fellow, Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IITK), Kanpur, India.
2012 (Nov)–2015 (Nov): Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS), Rehovot, Israel.
Inspire Faculty Award from Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India (Feb 2016)
International Scholarship of Japanese Monbukagakusho Scholarship from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT), Govt. of Japan (Apr 2010 – Oct 2012).
Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India (Jul 2009 – Mar 2010).
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India (Jul 2007– Jun 2009).
National Eligibility Test (NET) for lectureship, CSIR, Government of India, 2007.
European Geophysical Union (EGU)
American Geophysical Union (AGU)
American Energy Society (AES)
Reviewer of International Journals
Atmospheric Environment, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, Atmospheric Research, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, Environmental Pollution, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics etc.
1. Mishra, A.K., Rudich, Y., *Koren, I., (2016) Spatial boundaries of Aerosol Robotic Network observations over the Mediterranean basin, Geophysical Research Letters, 2016,43 doi: 10.1002/2015GL067630. (IF=4.253)
2. Mishra, A.K., Lehahn, Y., *Rudich, Y. and *Koren I. (2015) Co-variability of smoke and fire in the Amazon Basin, Atmospheric Environment 2015, 109, 97-104. doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2015.03.007. (IF=3.629)
3. Mishra, A. K., Klingmueller, K., Fredj, E., Lelieveld, J., *Rudich, Y., and *Koren, I. (2014) Radiative signature of absorbing aerosol over the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics 2014, 14, 7213-7231, doi:10.5194/acp-14-7213-2014. (IF=5.318)
4. Mishra, A.K., and *Shibata, T (2012). Climatological aspects of seasonal variation of aerosol vertical distribution over central Indo-Gangetic belt (IGB) inferred by the space-borne lidar CALIOP, Atmospheric Environment 2012, 46, 365-375, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2011.09.052 (IF=3.629)
5. Mishra, A.K., and *Shibata, T (2012). Synergistic analyses of optical and microphysical properties of agricultural crop residue burning aerosols over the Indo-Gangetic Basin (IGB), Atmospheric Environment 2012, 57, 205-218. doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2012.04.025 (IF=3.629)
1. Pandey, A.K., Mishra, A.K., Kumar, R., Berwal, S., Devadas, R., Huete, A., and *Kumar, K. (2017) CO variability and its association with household cooking fuels consumption over the Indo-Gangetic Plains. Environmental Pollution, 2017, 222, 83-93. (IF=5.099)
2. Bali, K., *Mishra, A.K., *Singh, S., (2017) Impact of anomalous forest fire on aerosol radiative forcing and snow cover over Himalayan region, Atmospheric Environment, 2017, 150, 264-275. (IF=3.629)
3. Sarnagi, C., *Tripathi, S.N., Mishra, A.K., Goel A., Welton, E.J., (2016) Elevated aerosol layers and their radiative impact over Kanpur during monsoon onset period, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 2016, 121, doi:10.1002/2015JD0247. (IF=3.454)