MA, MPhil, Ph D (JNU); PG Diploma in Population and Sustainable Development (University of Botswana, Gabarone, Botswana (Southern Africa)
Environment and resource utilization; Urbanization and urban health; Gender and morbidity; Youth and elderly; discrimination and exclusion in health care
* Lecturer (1990-1996). Department of Development Studies, International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai.
* Assistant Professor, (1999-2001) Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
* Associate Professor, (2001- 2008)
* Professor, (2009-till date)
* Visiting Fellow, ( April-Dec 2005) University of the Philippines Population Institute Population Institute (UPPI), University of the Philippines, Quezon City Manila, The Philippines.
* Adjunct Associate Professor, (2008- 09) Department of Sociology, College of Social Sciences and Humanities, Ball State University, Muncie, INDIANA US
* Maternal and child health issues in Nirpura village of Meerut District in Uttar Pradesh.
* Gender issues in a Development Block of Indore District in Madhya Pradesh.
* Environment and development issues in Okavango Delta region in Northern Botswana (Southern Africa).
* Issues related to health care delivery system and conventional contraceptive in rural areas of Dehradun and Jaunpur districts of Uttar Pradesh.
* Issues related to reproductive morbidity and adolescent health in rural areas of Uttaranchal and Uttar Pradesh.
* Social Assessment of Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) in Kalsi Block of Dehradun District, Uttraranchal.
* Health and Sexuality among youth in the Philippines; Indiana, US
* Public health issues and concerns in selected districts of India (Sonipat, Mathura, Udaipur, Meerut, Ahmedabad and Dehradun); Botswana (Gabarone); The Philippines (Central Luzon); the US (Muncie, Indiana) and Beijing (China).
1. Indo-China Cultural Exchange Fellow, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing, 2012
2. Adjunct Faculty, Ball State University, Muncie, INDIANA during 2008-09
3. Asian Scholarship Foundation (ASF) Fellowship 2005.
4. Summer Seminar Workshop on Communicating Health and Population Research to Policymakers at the East West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, May-June 2003
5. UNFPA Fellowship for Global Training Programme on Population and Sustainable Development, University of Botswana, Gaborone, BOTSWANA, (Southern Africa), 1995-96.
6. Junior/Senior Research Fellowship, National Educational Test (NET), University Grants Commission, 1985.
1. ‘Urban Environment: Growing Ecological Concern’ in KB Pathak, UP Sinha and Arvind Pandey (eds.) Dynamics of Population and Family Welfare, 1993. Himalaya Publishing House Bombay 1994.pp 187-202
2. ‘Caste and patterns of Discrimination in Rural Public Health Care Services’ in Blocked by Caste- Economic Discrimination and Social Exclusion in Modern India (eds) Sukhdeo Thorat and Katherine S Newman. Delhi Oxford University press. 2010 pp 208-229
3. Inequities in Access to Health Services in India: Caste, Class and Region (co-authored with Rama Baru , Arnab Acharya , A K Shiva Kumar , K Nagaraj Economic and Political Weekly Issue : VOL 45 No. 38 September 18 - September 24, 2010
4. Financing Health-Some Issues and Concerns for Mother and Child in Satyajeet Nanda (Ed) Health Care Communication and Services for Mother and Child, Konark Publishers, New Delhi, 2011.
5. ‘Social Discrimination and Access to Health Care- A Study of Dalit Children in Western India’ in Chaudhury, Sukant K (Ed.) Ambedkar and Future of Dalits. Serial Publications. New Delhi 2013
1. Conceptualizing Social Discrimination in Access to Health Services towards Measurement- Illustrating Evidences from Villages in Western India. Indian Emergency Journal Vol VI (II). September, 2011, pp 14-27
2. Solid Waste Management Initiatives and Public Health – Exploring the Issues in Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India (co-authored with Jagdev C Sharma) Annals of Rajasthan Geographical Association. Vol XXIX 2012 pp 72-87
3. Public Health in North-East India- Regional Development and Socio Demographic Dimensions, Academic Publications, New Delhi 2013