M.Sc., M.Phil.,Ph.D. , Cert in French, Cert in IPR
Atomic and Nuclear Radiation Physics, XRF, Characterization of Materials, Nanostructures, Solar cells, Nano-particles, Energy Storage devices, Graphene, Quantum Capacitance and Instrumentation
a) National Ishan Award for 1998 in recognition of contribution toward development of management education in the country
b) Meritorious work award for the year 1988 as Scientist 'B' in Ministry of Defence, Solid State Physics Laboratory, Delhi-54.
c) University Merit Scholarship award during M.Sc. studies at Punjabi University, Patiala - 147002.
d) University Gold Medal for the Intra-University Oil Painting Competition
e) Several other awards/prizes for extracurricular activities like popular talks, painting, quizzes, story writing, poetry etc.
f) An image taken on SEM has been selected for Royal Microscopical Society of UK ’s Calendar 2010
Participated in various International Conferences and other professional training assignments in Italy, UK, USA, Sweden, Poland, Spain and Singapore. He has visited a number of countries like France, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada, Poland, Spain and Singapore for presenting research papers and delivering invited talks.
LIST OF SELECTED RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
- Measurement of Li , La ,Lb and Lg X-ray production cross- sections in some high Z elements by 60 keV photons. Phys. Rev. A 31 5 (1985) 2918-2921.
- Measurement of L and M shell X-ray production cross-section by 6 keV photons. X-Ray Spectrometry 14 4 (1985) 195-198
- Energy dependence of photon induced L-shell X-ray intensity ratios in Ta and W. Pramana 22, 2 (1984) 79-88
- Measurement of average M-shell fluorescence yields in some high Z- elements. Physica C 124 (1984) 279-281
- Energy dependence of photon induced L shell X-ray intensity ratios in some high Z elements. J.Phys. B : At. Mol. Phys. 16 (1983) 4313-4322
- Measurement of relative intensities of L-Shell X-rays in some high Z elements. J.Phys. B: At Mol. Phys. 15 10 (1982) 3377-3382
- Experimental investigation of angular dependence of photon induced L-shell X- ray emission intensity. Pramana, 35, 1 (1990) 105-114
- Characterisation of mcSi:H / aSi:H films for solar cell applications with C-V and DLTS measurements Journal of the Instrument Society of India 29 (4) 197-204 December 1999.
- Photocatalytic Degradation of Cuprous Oxide Nanostructures Under UV/Visible Irradiation Journal of water Resource Management, Springer October 2012
- Microscopic investigations of Cu2O nanostructures Journal of Alloys and Compounds 557 (2013)152-159
- Experimental investigation of plasma instabilities by Fourier analysis in an electron cyclotron resonance ion source Phys. Review. Accel. Beams 21, 093402, 14 September 2018
- Observations of drift wave parametric instabilities in an electron cyclotron resonance ion source Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 62 (2020) 105013 (8pp)
- Physical properties of the hetero atom doped graphene monolayers in relation to super capacitive performance, Ind. J.Pure and Appl. Phys. 2020; 58, 885. ISSN No. 0019-5596.
- Determination of Quantum Capacitance of Niobium Nitrides Nb2N and Nb4N3 for Supercapacitor applications, J.Compos. Sci. 2021; 5, 85. ISSN No. 2504-477X.
- DFT computation of Quantum Capacitance of pure and doped niobium nitrides for supercapacitor applications”, Ceramics International. 2021; 47, 18948-18955. ISSN No. 0272-8842.
16. Study of quantum capacitance of pure and functionalized and Nb2C and Ti2C MAXenes for supercapacitor application” ECS Transactions, 2022, Vol No. 107(1), 1751-1760, ISSN No. 1938-5862.
Books Authored/ Co-Authored: 14 Technical text books plus 1 poetry compilation
1. Microwave Engineering Text book for BSc/MSc/BTech/MTech Satya Prakashan New Delhi
2. Television engineering Text book for BSc/MSc/BTech/MTech Satya Prakashan New Delhi
- FAQ in Electronics and Communication Engineering Ref Book Galgotia Publishers New Delhi
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics Text book for BSc/MSc/BTech/MTech Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Applied Physics-I Text book for Univ of Mumbai Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Engineering Physics Text book for Shivaji University Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Applied Physics-I Text book for Chhatisgarh Tech. University Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Engineering Physics-I Text book for North Maharashtra University Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Engineering Physics-I Text book for UP and M Tech University Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Applied Physics-I Text book for University of Pune Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Applied Physics Text book for Nagpur University Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- X-Ray Spectroscopy Text book for January 2012 ( Editor) IntechWeb Publishers (Rijika) Croatia
- Engineering Physics Co-authored (June 2018) Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
- Applied Physics for Engineers Co-authored (June 2019) Pearson Education (India) New Delhi
Patent Publication nos.
- 2759/DEL/2008 WO 2010064255 A1 and its PCT/IN2009/000188
- 348/DEL/2015 dated 09-02-2015
- CRN3998 dated April 25, 2020