JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY
Corrigendum Advertisement No. 5/Admn.IV/2014
Upper Age Limit: 35 years. Five years age relaxation in upper limit will be given to the JNU departmental candidates for Group-C posts.
Age relaxation will be given to SC/ST candidates as per rules, which will be applicable to the post reserved for respective reserved category. No age relaxation will be applicable to reserved category candidates applying for unreserved post.
The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to submit their respective caste /disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India.
Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall alone be eligible for appointment against the post reserved for physically handicapped category.
Persons already in service in Govt./Autonomous/PSU should apply through proper channel along with vigilance clearance and integrity certificate. Attested copy of last five year ACR/APAR's be also sent separately.
Merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for the written test/interview.
A separate application is to be submitted for each post.
The University reserves the right:
- to fix criteria for screening the applications so as to reduce the number of candidates to be called for written tests/interview;
- to conduct written tests or trade test/field trials etc to further shortlist the candidates for such posts where no test is prescribed in the recruitment rules and a large number of applications are received;
- The written test of multiple choice option will consist of questions from General English, General Knowledge and from the relevant area of the post applied for. The question paper except for the paper of General English will be bilingual and the candidates will have the option to answer either in Hindi or in English.
- to increase/decrease the number of vacancies on its own discretion.
- to frame a panel for filling up future vacancies arising during the tenability of panel which is normally operative for one year;
- relax the age/qualifications/experience at its discretion; and
- not to fill up any of the advertised positions.
- Skill test/written test(s) should not be construed as a merit test; the selection will be made on the basis of performance in the interview on the recommendation of Selection Committee.
- Knowledge of Computer Application is necessary for all posts.
- No TA/DA or local conveyance shall be paid to the candidates called for skill/written tests.
- Application along with prescribed fee is to be submitted for each post separately as under:
For Group B and C Posts: Rs. 300/- for General Candidates; No application fee is payable in respect of SC/ST/PH candidates. Application fee shall be payable in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favour of "Finance Officer, JNU" payable at New Delhi.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Applications received after last date shall not be entertained and the University will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Format of applications (on-line) is available in the University website. The format be strictly followed.
- The applicant should clearly mention the name of the post applied for on the envelope.
- Any update/information to candidates be seen on the University website.
The eligible and interested persons are required to apply on-line in the format available in the University website www.jnu.ac.in. Applications, except on-line, will not be accepted. Applicants are also required to submit the hard copy, i.e. signed copy of the online application along with the prescribed application fee, one latest passport size photograph duly pasted in the space prescribed in the application form and signed across on it(the stappled photograph will not be accepted) and self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste certificate, identity proof (Election I-Card/UID Aadhar/PAN etc.), check list etc., to Dy. Registrar (Admn.), Room No. 310 (Recruitment & Data Cell Tele: 011-26738721), Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067 within 30 days of the publication of this advertisement in the Employment News on 03.01.2015 i.e. by 13.03.2015 upto 5.30 p.m.. Crucial date for fixing eligibility criteria, upper age limit, etc. shall be the last date of submission of application. Both submission of the on-line application as well as subsequently the hard copy of on-line application is mandatory along with the testimonials/certificates/application fee etc.