Ph. D. (Engineering, 2013), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India
M.Sc. (Physics, 2008), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, India
B.Sc. (Physics, 2006), University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
The prime interest is in simulation and modeling of emerging materials and devices in the vicinity of Physics, Materials and Device engineering, especially, atomistic and quantum transport simulations at the nanoscale for next-generation electronic and spintronic devices.
Density Functional Theory (DFT), Molecular Dynamics (MD), Atomistic Simulation, Non-Equilibrium Green’s Function (NEGF), Computational Nanoelectronics and Spintronics, Device Modeling, Materials Modeling, and Multiscale Modeling.
Oct 2017 – present DST INSPIRE Faculty Special Centre for Nanoscience, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Nov 2015 – Sept 2017 Post-Doctoral Research Associate Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, USA
Nov 2013 – Oct 2015 Post-Doctoral Fellow Department of Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, USA
1. Highly prestigious DST-INSPIRE Faculty award-2017.
2. Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship - Center for Low Energy Systems Technology (LEAST), USA –2013-2017.
3. Tag Corporation Medal for the Best Ph.D. Thesis from the Department of Electronic Systems Engineering 2015.
4. CSIR-UGC Junior and Senior Research Fellowship (JRF & SRF), Jan 2010-April 2013.
5. Eligibility for Lectureship by CSIR-UGC, 2008 and 2009.
6. Indian Institute of Technology-Madras Merit Scholarship.
7. Medal to secure 1st class in B.Sc Physics Hons. from RKM Vidyamandira, Belur Math, W.B.
Total 22 Publications till 31st Dec 2018
1. Z. Y A. Balushi, K. Wang, R. K. Ghosh, R. A. Vilá, S. M Eichfeld, J. D. Caldwell, X. Qin, Y-C. Lin,
P. A DeSario, G. Stone, S. Subramanian D. F Paul, R. M. Wallace, S. Datta, J. M Redwing, J. A
Robinson, “Two-dimensional gallium nitride realized via graphene encapsulation”, Nature
Materials, vol. 15, pp. 1166-1171, 2016. (Impact factor: 39.235)
2. Y-C. Lin, R. K. Ghosh, R. Addou, N. Lu, S. M. Eichfeld, H. Zhu, M-Y. Li, X. Peng, M. J. Kim, L-J.
Li, R. M. Wallace, S. Datta, and J. A. Robinson, “Atomically Thin Resonant Tunnel Diodes built
from Synthetic van der Waals Heterostructures”, Nature Communications, vol. 6, pp. 7311, 2015.
(Impact factor: 12.353)
3. M. Huefner, R. K. Ghosh, E. Freeman, N. Shukla, H. Paik, D. G. Schlom, and S. Datta, “Hubbard
gap modulation in vanadium dioxide nanoscale tunnel junctions”, ACS Nano-Letters, vol. 14, no.11,
pp. 6115–6120, 2014. (Impact factor: 12.08)
4. R. K. Ghosh, M. Brahma, and S. Mahapatra, “Germanane: a Low Effective Mass and High Bandgap
2-D Channel material for Future FETs”, IEEE Trans. Elec. Dev., vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 2309- 2315,
2014. (Impact factor: 2.62)
5. R. K. Ghosh and S. Mahapatra, “Monolayer transition metal dichalcogenide channel based tunnel
transistor”, IEEE Journal of the Elec. Dev. Soc., vol. 1, no. 10, pp. 175-180, Nov. 2013. (Within top
10 popular articles from Dec 2013 to June 2016). (Impact factor: 2.696)
1. B. Grisafe, R. Zhao, R. K. Ghosh, J. A Robinson, and S. Datta, “Electrically triggered insulator-tometal phase transition in two-dimensional (2D) heterostructures”, Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 113, no. 14,
pp. 142101, 2018. (Impact factor: 3.495)
2. R. Zhao, B. Grisafe, R. K. Ghosh, S. Holoviak, B. Wang, K. Wang, N. Briggs, M. A. Haque, S.
Datta, J. A. Robinson, “Two-dimensional tantalum disulfide: controlling structure and properties via
synthesis”, IOP 2D Materials, vol. 5, pp. 025001, 2018. (Impact factor: 7.042)
3. N. Shukla, R. K. Ghosh, B. Grisafe, S. Datta, “Fundamental Mechanism Behind Volatile and NonVolatile Switching in Metallic Conducting Bridge RAM”, IEEE International Electron Devices
Meeting (IEDM), 2017. (DOI: 10.1109/IEDM.2017.8268325).