School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (SC&IS)
Erstwhile the School of Information Technology (SIT) established in the year 2001 and renamed as School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (SC&IS) in 2010, the School carries out teaching and research in the inter-disciplinary areas of computational genomics, bioinformatics & drug discovery, database management & systems biology, high performance computing and artificial intelligence. The aim of the School is to innovate and integrate computational and analytical approaches adopted in different branches of sciences to find solutions. Rapid advancement in science and the cutting edge technologies enable and drive research in a big way, providing the opportunity to innovate. The School’s academic and research programs are currently focused on the core area of computational and systems biology with future emphasis on the study of complex systems, high density data analysis, theoretical biophysical chemistry and computational neurosciences.
Thrust Areas for research :
- Computational Genomics
- Development of Tools in Bioinformatics
- Structure based Bioinformatics and in silico Drug Discovery
- Systems Biology
- Statistical Modeling
- Systems Biology
- Complex System Studies
- Crop Genetics & Informatics
- Machine/deep learning for Biological Data Analysis
- Mathematical Biology
- Computational RF and Antenna
- Biomolecular Simulations
- Computational Biophysics
- High-Throughput Sequencing Data Analysis/Genome Informatics
- Petri Nets and Graph Theory
- List of courses being offered in Monsoon Semester 2021
- Bioinformatics “Post-doctoral Research Associate” position in SciWhyLab
- Applications are invited for the following posts in the DBT funded project
- Participation in Graduate Aptitude Test - Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 & BET 2021 entrance examination for admission to DBT-supported PG Programmes in Biotechnology/allied areas.
- List of courses being offered in Winter Semester-II 2020-21
- List of courses being offered in Winter Semester 2020-21
- M.Sc. 4th Sem. courses-winter 2021
Courses : We offer.....
The School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (formerly the School of Information Technology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, presently hosts the Center for Computational & Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, a Center of Excellence of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, and the Center for Complex Systems, introduced in the XIIth Plan by UGC. The School has been offering programs in Computational & Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, Complex Systems & Big Data Analyses. The School has encouraged intake from multiple disciplines into these programs - Information Technology, Bioinformatics, the Life Sciences/Biotechnology, the Physical and Chemical Sciences, among others.
Minimum of 55% in the qualifying degree.