Research Projects: 2010-present
Ongoing projects (4)
1. Bansal, S. (2015-2016) "Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility Expenditure in India: Effect of New Regulation Regarding Mandatory CSR" sponsored by South Asian Network of Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE).
2. Mehra, Meeta (2015-2017) Research project on "BRICS: An Alternative Vision of Trans-regional Cooperation from the Global South". Funded by ICRIER, March 2015 to February 2017 (with Ajay Patnaik, Meenakshi Sundriyal, Rajan Kuman and S N Malakar).
3. Mehra, Meeta (2014-2017) Research project on "Growth and Development Impacts of Climate Change in the Context of Skill-Biased Technological Transition". Funded by UPOE II, JNU.
4. Mandira Sarma (2014-2018) "Assessing Inclusiveness of Financial Systems in Asian Economies", funded by UPOE II, JNU.
Completed projects (20)
1. Bansal, S., (2012-2014) "Eliciting farmers' preferences for drought tolerant rice seeds in India, Sponsors: International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, USA.
2. Barua, Alokesh, B. Golder and Himani Sharma (2014-15), "Returns to Scale and Factor Substitution in Indian Manufacturing, 1989 – 2007: An Analysis based on Unit Level Data".
3. Mehra, Meeta, (2014-15) Research paper on "Role of Fiscal Instruments in Promoting Low-carbon Technology Innovation: A Scoping Study" for the Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP), UNEP, (with Rita Pandey).
4. Mehra, Meeta K., (2013) Research on "Climate Change and Endogenous Growth in a Multi-country Heterogeneous World" as part of Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Academic Residency.
5. Mehra, Meeta, Research paper on "Fossil-Fuel Subsidies in India in the Context of G-20 Dialogue" commissioned by ICRIER, New Delhi for Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
6. Mehra, Meeta, Research on "Sustainable Cities Initiative" with Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, University of Berkeley (with Maithili Iyer and Stephane de la Rue du Can)
7. Mehra, Meeta, "Framework for Implementation of Climate Change Treaty through Self-enforcing Mechanisms" for ICRIER, New Delhi (with Saptarshi Mukherjee).
8. Mehra, Meeta, "Optimal Public Policy in a Schumpeterian Model of Endogenous Growth with Environmental Pollution", under DAAD Fellowship at HTW, Berlin.
9. Pant, Manoj (2013) Normalizing India-Pakistan Trade - Case Study of The Pharmaceutical Industry, ICRIER, New Delhi
10. Pant, Manoj (2011) District Human Development Reports for three districts of Nagaland—, Govt. of Nagaland.
11. Pant, Manoj, (2009-2011) "Principal coordinator of project "District Human Development reports for three districts of Nagaland", Dec2009-May 2011
12. Pant, Manoj (2010) "Should South Africa join the SADC-EPA?"—study conducted for DFID-London, March, 2010
13. Ray, Amit Shovon (2013-15) Intellectual Property Management at Centres of Higher Education: A Comparative Study of India and the United Kingdom, Collaborative project with Dr A Sengupta, University of Essex, UK
14. Ray, Amit Shovon, (2010-2013) Clinical data, Bioequivalence and Generic Drugs: Analysis from India and Brazil, Collaborative Research project with Professor Fabienne Orsi, University of Marseille and Dr Claudia Chamas, FIOCRUZ, Brazil sponsored by ANRS (The French National Agency for Research on AIDS and Viral Hepatitis, Government of France
15. Ray, Amit Shovon, (2010-2012) Commercialisations of Inventions from Public Funded Research in India, sponsored by the Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India
16. Pant Manoj (2011) India and the BRICS Countries: Issues of Trade and Technology, for CWTOS and Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
17. Sawhney, Aparna (2011) Climate Change Technology Transfer and Trade in Renewable Power Equipment, research project, Institute of Environment and Sustainability, University of California, Los Angeles, US.
18. Sawhney, Aparna, (2010) Climate Change and Technology Transfer, World Bank and Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi
19. Sawhney, Aparna, (2010) (jointly Meeta Mehra) Indian Perspective on Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency, commissioned by IDRC and ICRIER, New Delhi.
20. Sawhney, Aparna, (2010) (jointly Meeta Mehra, Rashmi Rastogi and Piskulova Natalia A.) International Trade and Carbon Leakage: An Analytical Framework for India and Russia, Virtual Institute, UNCTAD, Geneva. – completed December 2010.
Faculty members of the division have received research grants from
• Ford Foundation
• The World Bank
• Department of Science and Technology (Government of India)
• Independent Commission on Development and Health in India
• Competition Commission (Government of India)
• State Bank of India
• International Food Policy Research Institute
• Sasakawa Peace Foundation