Ph.D: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India.
M.Tech.: Delhi Technological University, New Delhi, India.
B.Tech.: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, India
Broad areas of vision (2D, RGBD & 3D point cloud based object localization & tracking, scene analysis, remote sensing and image/video processing), Learning Problems (Generative models, deep learning, sequential modelling and transfer learning), Biometrics, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining.
April 2020- till date: Assistant Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India.
November 2018- March 2020: Assistant Professor, IIIT Sri City, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh.
1. Qualified UGC NET in December, 2012. Qualified GATE in February, 2011.
2. Received IEEE SPS Travel Grant for ICIP 2015 and ICIP 2017 Conference.
3. Received scholarship for securing second position during M.Tech. (Information Systems).
4. Received GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) scholarship [2011 - 2013].
5. Received IIT-Delhi (MHRD) institute fellowship [2013-2018].
6. Received Travel Grant from IIT Guwahati for presenting work at ICVGIP 2016 Conference.
7. Received IIT Delhi IRD Travel Grant of 1Lac for ICIP 2017 Conference.
8. 2nd position in ICPRAI 2018 conference competition.
9. Selected for MLSS 2018, Spain (150/500 candidates worldwide selected).
10. Shortlisted for NASA Frontier Development Lab 2018 Challenge.
11. Letter of Appreciation from Google for conducting TensorFlow Dev Summit Watch Party, 2019 at IIIT Sri City.
12. Winner Audio Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC) 2019, ACM Multimedia Workshop, Nice France.
13. VisDrone MOT challenge 2019, ICCV Workshop, 8th Rank across the world on leaderboard.
14. VisDrone DET challenge 2019, ICCV Workshop, 38th Rank across the world on leaderboard.
15. Attended BRICS Young Scientist Conclave. Was shortlisted amongst 20 scientists over 450. applicants with a DST senior scientist representing INDIA globally.
16. Shortlisted for Final Round on Infosys Aarohan Social Innovation Awards to be held in Bangalore on 16th Jan, 2020.
1. Srivastava, S., Mukherjee, P., and Lall, B., “Characterizing objects with SIKA features for multiclass classification”, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, 2015 (Impact Factor:4.873).
2. Mukherjee, P., and Lall, B., “Saliency and KAZE features assisted object segmentation”, Image and Vision Computing, Elsevier, 2017 (Impact Factor: 2.747).
3. Mukherjee, P., Lall, B., and Shah, A., “Saliency map based improved segmentation”, International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Quebec (Canada), pp. 1290– 1294, 2015.
4. Mukherjee, P., Lall, B. and Tandon S., ”SalProp: Salient object proposals via aggregated edge cues”, accepted in ICIP, 2017, Beijing, China.
5. Sekhar Chandra, V., Mukherjee, P., Guru D.S. and Pulabaigiri, V., ”OSVNet: Convolutional Siamese Network for Writer Independent Online Signature Verification”, in ICDAR, 2019, University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia
1. Mukherjee, P., and Lall, B., “Conditional Random Field based salient proposal set generation and its application in content aware seam carving”, Signal Processing: Image Communication, Elsevier, 2020.
2. Chandra Sekhar Vorugunti , Viswanath Pulabaigari , Prerana Mukherjee , Abhishek Sharma, “DeepFuseOSV: Online Signature Verification Using Hybrid Feature Fusion and Hybrid Depthwise Separable Convolution Neural Network Architecture”, IET Biometrics, 2020.
3. Chandra Sekhar Vorugunti, Viswanath Pulabaigiri, Rama Krishna Sai Subrahmanyam Gorthi, Prerana Mukherjee, “OSVFuseNet: Online Signature Verification 2 of 8 by Feature Fusion and Depth-wise Separable Convolution Based Deep Learning.”, Neurocomputing, 2020.