Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for one temporary position of Research Associate-I and one laboratory assistant in the Indo- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), Sanction No. IC-12044(11)/10/2021-ICD-DBT sponsored research project under the supervision of Prof. Shailja Singh, Special Centre for Molecular Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. The details of the project, qualifications, fellowship amount etc., are the following:
Title of the project: A comprehensive characterization of key organellar metabolic transporter in Apicomplexa to enter in the drug discovery pipeline
Salary: Rs 47000/- + 24% HRA per month
Essential qualifications: PhD in Life Sciences or associated fields.
Desirable: Candidates with experience in host-parasite interaction, drug discovery, cell biology, biochemistry and microscopy, good oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently are preferred. At least 4-5 first author publications in a peer-reviewed international journal. Previous research experience and practical knowledge of working with mammalian culture and parasites is required.
Post: Laboratory assistant (One post)
Salary: Rs 20000/- + 24% HRA per month
Essential qualifications: BSc in Life Sciences or associated fields
How to apply: Eligible candidates may apply by sending their application along with the detailed CV, self-attested copies of the certificates and proof of research experience (if any) through email on or before May 15, 2023 by e-mail to email@example.com
PI: Prof. Shailja Singh
The selection committee will shortlist candidates based on the experience, qualifications and the suitability for the project, and only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Application Deadline: Application will be accepted till 15th May 2023.
- The initial appointment will be for one year or till the tenability of the project whichever is earlier and the same can be curtailed/extended based on assessment of the candidate's performance and discretion of the Competent Authority for the duration of the project.
- Candidates must ascertain eligibility before applying. Applications of ineligible candidates will be rejected.
- The details regarding the interview will be notified through email.
- TA/DA will not be paid for appearing in interview.
- In case the performance is not satisfactory, the appointment is liable to be terminated at any time without any notice.