- 24x7 access to the Information Highway Of Internet using 1Gbps of Internet bandwidth
- JNU’s Official Web Site (https://jnu.ac.in)
- Mail accounts with JNU’s domain name (@mail.jnu.ac.in and @jnu.ac.in for faculty, administrators & @jnu.ac.in for students)
- Access to the online Journals subscribed by JNU (individually as well as a member of UGC Infonet)
- Troubleshooting support in resolving network related problem at client side
- Video conferencing with other institutions anywhere in the World
The network links 22 buildings and some teachers, students, and support staff with access to voice, data, multimedia, and videoconferencing services as well as e-learning, research, and business applications. The new standard for next-generation wireless technology. Although the benefits of increased coverage and faster data transfer speeds had obvious appeal, the university needed to find a way to protect its existing wireless investment. This investment included 270 Cisco access points and associated WLAN controllers. The mixed campus environment also presented an additional challenge in helping ensure that slower 802.11a/b/g equipment did not limit the performance of any new 802.11n devices being installed.
eGovernance Cell under CIS is to provide technical help in eOffice (eLeave, APAR, File Management, Knowledge Management etc.), University ranking data, House Allotment Application etc. Cell can be contacted at 2670-4080 during office hours in weekdays.
University Computer Maintenance Cell under CIS is to provide hardware and software support to the desktop users of the university.
UCMC is situated at the back side of the Central LIbrary building. Technical support is available between 09:00am-05:30pm from Monday to Friday (except holidays) at 2670-4133.
Video Conferencing Facilities
Video Conferencing facilities are provided by CIS in the Hall No. 2 of Lecture Hall Complex. The facility consists of a Sony PCS-1 video conferencing system which provides the latest in conferencing technology and Sony Bravia line of high-performance 46” LCD TV as monitor and 2 Mbps bandwidth connectivity dedicated for the purpose. This Video Conferencing equipment is installed in a studio-like environment with sound proofing and Air Conditioning facilities.
This videoconferencing facility of JNU can be utilised by all the Schools/Centres by sending a written application addressed to the Director (CIS) mentioning the purpose, date and time (IST), name of the institution and the IP address of their equipment. By using this facility a few Video conferencing sessions have already been arranged with some institutions such as CDAC (Pune) and SBRI, USA.
* Skype/Zoom/JioMeet/GoogleMeet Id of the host and Interviews/Examiners
* Laptop with HDMI Cable or Desktop with Webcam
* Above mentioned facility will be available during official working hours & days ( 09:00 A.M. to 05:30 P.M. & Monday - Friday).
* Recording Will be available only for Video Conference (if required).
CIS @ 2670 - 8850, email@example.com
Room No:- 202, Convention Centre, JNU.