Brahma Prakash Singh
School of Arts & Aesthetics
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Assistant Professor (tenure), School of Arts & Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, July 2012-July 2014.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Centre for Media Studies, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, coterminous position with SAA, JNU, New Delhi.
- Visiting Faculty, School of Arts & Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, July 2014- July 2015.
Awards & Honours
- Visiting Fellow at the South Asia Institute, Heidelbelberg University, Germany for 2020-21
- Fellow at the Centre for the Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (CRASSH) at Cambridge University, UK for 2019-20
- The Dwight Conquergood Award of Performance Studies International (PSi), 2013
- The Reid Research Scholarship (in the name of Elizabeth Jesser Reid, anti-slavery activist) of the Royal Holloway College, 2009
- Selected for the Republic of China (Taiwan) Government Scholarship, 2005
Best Peer Reviewed Publications
Cultural Labour: Conceptualizing the 'Folk Performance' in India, New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2019.
Journal Articles/ essays in edited volume
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books
Patents (if any)