B.Sc. Presidency College, Calcutta University
M.Sc. Presidency College, Calcutta University
- Nanobiotechnology & Nanomedicine (nano-based: drug delivery, therapy, toxicity and fluorescent bioimaging) for infectious diseases, while maintaining biocompatibility and biodegradability.
- Understand the nano-bio interface to develop strategies for probing and modulating biological processes in order to counter therapeutic hurdles and Multi Drug Resistance (MDR) in infectious diseases.
- Synthesis of nano-based antimicrobials for infectious diseases and study of their molecular mechanisms of action.
- Infectious Disease Biology (Candida albicans and Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
- Microbial Drug Resistance (with reference to lipids and drug efflux pumps in Candida albicans and Mycobacterium tuberculosis) and Pathogenicity.
1. Assistant Professor (Since Aug, 2008): Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Special Centre for Nano Sciences (SCNS) since July, 2015
- Advanced Instrumentation Research & Facility (AIRF) since Aug 2008
2. Post Doctoral Experience (2005/06 to 2008)
3. Collaborative work on "Candida drug resistance" at Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biochemistry, Technical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland (2006)
4. Collaborative work on "Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometric Analyses of Yeast Lipids" at National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi (2005)
5. Collaborative work on "Fluorescence Recovery after Photobleach" at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad (2002)
6. Selection at International Level for Practical course on “Heterologous protein expression in yeast” at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi (2001)
7. Indo-German collaborative work on "Candida drug resistance and morphogenesis" between JNU & Heinrich-Heine-Universitatsstr, Dusseldorf, Germany (2000-2008)
8. Indo-US Collaborative work on "Membrane Lipid Asymmetry, Membrane Fluidity and Drug Resistance in Staphylococcus aureus" between JNU and LA Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA (2000-2002)
9. M.Sc. Dissertation on “Ascochyta Blight of Chick Pea” in Calcutta University, Calcutta (1998-99)
- Best Hall Presentation Award for “Combating multidrug resistance (MDR) in pathogenic fungi, Candida: a nano-based approach” in Young Scientists Conclave, India International Science Festival, 2016 organized by Ministry of Science & Technology and Ministry of Earth Sciences at National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi between 7-11 December, 2016.
- Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award for the year 2008 by DBT.
- Ranbaxy Science Scholar for the year 2008 by Ranbaxy Science Foundation.
- NIH Visiting Fellowship at Liver Diseases Branch, NIDDK, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, Washington DC, USA for the year 2008-09.
- International Travel Awards from CSIR, DBT, DST and ICMR in 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2014.
- Seven Best Speaker Awards in International Conferences and Six Young Scientist Awards between 2006 to 2016.
- Ten Best Poster Awards in International Conferences between 2001 to 2014.
- Young Scientist Award at International Conference on the Biology of Yeasts and Filamentous Fungi held at National Chemical Laboratory and Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, India between 15-17 February, 2007 and selected for Young Scientist Award Lecture presentation.
- Among 8 selected for award of appreciation for “Unexpected link between iron and drug resistance of Candida: iron depletion enhances membrane fluidity and drug diffusion leading to drug susceptible cells” at Joint Bilateral Seminar on “Antimicrobial Drug Resistance And The Development Of New Antibiotics” held at Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, India organized by INSA and German Academy of Science, Leopoldina, between 22-25 November, 2007.
- Research Associate from DBT and CSIR (2005/06 to 2008).
- Research Fellowship (2001) from CSIR for Ph.D.
- Qualified GATE (1998).
- International Student Award of $1000 at ISHAM, 2003 Meeting held at San Antonio, Texas, USA between 25-29 May, 2003.
- ASM Student Travel Award of $500 for the 6th American Society for Microbiology Meeting on Candida and Candidiasis held between 13-17 Jan, 2002 at Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Presidency College Student Merit Scholarship.
Total 37 Publications till 10 September, 2019
- Kumar A., Dwivedi S. P. and Prasad T. Method validation for simultaneous quantification of Olmesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in human plasma using LC-MS/MS and its application through bioequivalence study in healthy volunteers. Frontiers in Pharmacology (2019) 10:810 [Impact Factor – 3.831].
- Dharra R., Radhakrishnan V. S., Prasad T., Thakur Z., Cirillo J. D., Pandey A. K., Kulharia M. and Mehta P. K. Effect of in silico designed inhibitors targeting MelF (Rv1936) against Mycobacterium marinum within macrophages. Scientific Reports- Nature (2019) 19(1):10084. [Impact Factor – 4.122].
- R. Singh, S. P. Dwivedi, U. S. Gaharwar, P. Rajamani, R. Meena and T. Prasad. Recent updates on drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Journal of Applied MIcrobiology (2019), [Impact Factor – 2.683]. Just Accepted.
- V. S. Radhakrishnan, S. P. Dwivedi, M. H. Siddiqui and T. Prasad. In vitro studies on oxidative stress independent, Ag-nanoparticles induced cell toxicity of Candida albicans, an opportunistic pathogen. International Journal of Nanomedicine (2018), 13: 91-96 [Impact Factor – 4.383; Citation –8].
- V. S. Radhakrishnan, M. K. R. Mudiam, M. Kumar, S. P. Dwivedi, S. P. Singh and T. Prasad. Silver nanoparticle induced alterations in multiple cellular targets, which are critical for drug susceptibilities and pathogenicity in fungal pathogen (Candida albicans). International Journal of Nanomedicine (2018), 13: 2647-2663 [Impact Factor – 4.383; Citation –9].
- I. A. Mir, V. S. Radhakrishnan, K. Rawat, T. Prasad* and H. B. Bohidar*. (Joint Corresponding authors*). Bandgap tunable AgInS based quantum dots for high contrast cell imaging with enhanced photodynamic and antifungal applications. Scientific Reports- Nature (2018), 8(1):9322. [Impact Factor – 4.259; Citation –13].
- N. Singh, B. Dahiya, V. S. Radhakrishnan, T. Prasad* and P. K. Mehta*. (Joint Corresponding authors*). Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis purified ESAT-6 (Rv3875) by magnetic beads coupled-gold nanoparticles based immuno-PCR assay. International Journal of Nanomedicine (2018), 13: 8523-8535 [Impact Factor – 4.383; Citation –2].
- V. K. Somani, S. Aggarwal, D. Singh, T. Prasad* and R. Bhatnagar*. (Joint Corresponding authors*). Identification of novel raft marker protein, FlotP in Bacillus anthracis. Frontiers in Microbiology (2016), 7(169): 1-18. [Impact Factor – 4.165; Citation –12].
- E. Priyadarshini, K. Rawat, T. Prasad and H. B. Bohidar. Antifungal efficacy of Au@ Carbon dots nanoconjugates against opportunistic fungal pathogen, Candida albicans. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (2018), 163: 355-361. [Impact Factor – 3.887; Citation –1].
- K. Awasthi, A. Das and T. Prasad. Detection of multi drug resistant fungal infections in cancer patients. In Molecular Markers in Mycology-Diagnostics and Marker Developments (2017), Fungal Biology Series, Publisher Springer, USA, Eds, Vijai Gupta and Maria Tuohy, ISSN:2198-7777, ISBN:978-3-319-34104-0 [https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-34106-4_16].
- A. Kumar*, V. S. Radhakrishnan*, R. Singh, M. Kumar, N. N. Mishra and T. Prasad. (*equal contribution). A clinical resistant isolate of opportunistic fungal pathogen, Candida albicans revealed more rigid membrane than its isogenic isolate. In Multidisciplinary approach for studying and combating microbial pathogens, (June 2015), Publisher BrownWalker Press, Ed. Antonio Méndez-Vilas, pp 1-7; ISBN-10: 1-62734-544-2; ISBN-13: 978-1-62734-544-6. [Citations –7].