2019: International Young Scholar’s Conference on ‘Margins and Connections’, 7–8 February.
2019: National Colloquium on ‘Illegal Migration and NRC: Lessons from North East India’, sponsored by ICSSR, 24–25 January.
2018: International conference on ‘Between Empires: The Making and Unmaking of Borders, 19th–20th Century’, 1–2 February.
2015: National Conference on ‘Understanding North East India: ‘Exception’ and Beyond’, 16–18 November.
2015: National Conference on ‘Rethinking Development: Challenges in North East India’, jointly organised withOmeo Kumar Das Institute of Social Change and Development, Guwahati, 30–31 July.
2015: National Conference, on ‘Framing a Region: New Perspectives on North East India’, organised in collaboration with JNIAS, held on 25–27 March.
2014: International Conference on ‘State and Society in North East India,’ 26–28 February.
2013: National workshop on ‘Fixity and Fluidity: History, Politics and Culture of North East India’, 18–20 March.
Jayshree Roy Memorial Lectures
- 2018 November (7th lecture): Prof. TiplutNongbri, Centre for North East Studies and Policy Research, JamiaMilliaIslamia, ‘Heritage, Conservation and Tourism in the Age of Globalisation
- 2017 November (6th lecture): Dr. Rana P. Behal (Rtd.), Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi, ‘Indentured/Adivasi Labour of Assam Valley Tea Plantations’
- 2016 November (5th lecture): Prof. Tanka B. Subba, Vice Chancellor, SikkimUniversity, Gangtok.‘Migration, ILP and AFSPA in India’s Northeast: A Ringside View’
- 2015 November (4th lecture): Prof. GunnelCedelof, Uppsala University, Sweden, ‘Corridors, Networks, and Pathways in India’s Colonial Northeast’
- 2014 November (3rd lecture): Prof. FelixPadel, Independent anthropologist, ‘Identity and Ecosystems in Northeast India: Challenges from Rapid Changes’
- 2013 November (2nd lecture): Mr. P.D. Rai,Hon’ble Member, LokSabha, ‘Consolidating Peace through Development’
- 2013 March (1st lecture): Prof. David R. Syiemlieh, Former Vice Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University, Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh, ‘Colonialism and Christian Missions in North East India’
NAMASTE Governor Acharya Award in the name of freedom fighters of NE India
- NAMASTE Governor Acharya Award in the name of Rani Ma Gaidinliu of Nagaland: GaithoiluGangmei, PhD scholar, Special Centre for the Study of North East India, JNU
- NAMASTE Governor Acharya Award in the name of LokpriyaGopinathBardoloi of Assam: KumariMunimiPathak, PhD scholar, Special Centre for the Study of North East India, JNU
- NAMASTE Governor Acharya Award in the name of BirTikendrajit Singh of Manipur: Md. Chingiz Khan, PhD scholar, Centre for Historical Studies, School of Social Sciences, JNU
- NAMASTE Governor Acharya Award in the name of U Triot Singh of Meghalaya: ShriAdityaBordalai, Centre for South Asian Studies, School of International Studies, JNU
- NAMASTE Governor Acharya Award in the name of PasalthaKhuangchera of Mizoram: KumariSikhaDutta, PhD scholar, Special Centre for the Study of North East India, JNU