Ph.D. (Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute & Jadavpur University, Kolkata)
Neurobiology of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease & Depression.
2002-2005 Postdoctoral research at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), USA.
2005-2015 Asst. Professor in Human Physiology, RPM College, Uttarpara (W.B.)
2015-2019 Associate Professor, School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi-67.
2019-Present Professor, School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi-67.
*DBT funded project on …“Calcium-permeable ion channels as therapeutic targets to manage neuropathic pain” 2023--2026
*DBT funded project on …A Study on Enriched Bacopa monnieri active component delivery targeting Glioblastoma and associated Neurocognitive Dysfunction 2023--2026
*DBT funded project on … To Investigate Anti-Amyloidogenic properties of Anti-histamine drugs on alpha syn………….involved in Parkinson’s disease. 2021--2024
* DBT funded project on Effect of naturally occurring as well as synthetic cyclic molecules on inhibition of beta amyloid aggregation in vivo and in vitro. 2017--2020
* DBT funded project on “Arresting Pre-fibrillar Aggregates of Alzheimer’s Amyloid by Synthetic Antibodies” 2013-2016
* LSRB-DRDO funded project on ““Role of MAP Kinase in behavioral model of depression: Effect of chronic antidepressant treatment” 2012-2015
* SERB-DST project on “Role of neurotrophins in stress and depression” 2010-2013
* Fellow, West Bengal Academy of Science & Technology-2022
* Prof. A. K. Mukherjee Memorial Oration Award from PSI in 2021
* Dr. A. Namasivayam Award by IABMS, 2016
* International Travel Grant from UGC to attend conference, 2011 & 2013
* Dr. K. Anji Reddy Prize by 23rd Annual conference of PSI & Doctors Reddy, 2011
* Young Scientist Award by Indian Science Congress Association, 2000.
- Rani L, Ghosh B, Ahmad MH, & Mondal AC*. Potential neuroprotective effects of Vanillin against MPP+/MPTP-induced dysregulation of dopaminergic regulatory mechanisms in SH-SY5Y cells and a mouse model of Parkinson’s disease (Molecular Neurobiology 5 May, 2023, doi.org/ 10.1007/s12035-023-03358-z). IF- 5.68
- Ahmad MH, Fatima M, Ali M, Rizvi MA, Mondal AC*. Naringenin alleviates paraquat-induced dopaminergic neuronal loss in SH-SY5Y cells and a rat model of Parkinson’s disease. Neuropharmacology, 2021, 201, 108831 Oct 13. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm. 2021.108831. IF-5.27
- Paul A, Kumar S, Kalita S, Kalita S, Sarkar D, Bhunia A, Bandyopadhyay A, Mondal AC*, Mondal B. An explicitly designed paratope of Amyloid-β prevents neuronal apoptosis in vitro and hippocampal damage in rat brain. Chemical Science, 2021, 12 (8):2853-2862. Edge article. IF-9.96
- Srivastav S, Anand BG, Fatima M, Prajapati KP, Yadav SS, Kar K, Mondal AC*. Piperine coated gold nanoparticles alleviate paraquat-induced neurotoxicity in Drosophila melanogaster. ACS Chemical Neuroscience 2020;11(22):3772-3785. IF-5.78
- Kumar S, Srivastav S, Fatima M, Giri RS, Mandal B, Mondal AC*. A Synthetic Pro-Drug Peptide Reverses Amyloid-β-Induced Toxicity in the Rat Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 2019, 69(2):499-512. IF-4.46
- Fatima M, Srivastav S, Ahmad MH, Mondal AC*. ¬Effects of chronic unpredictable mild stress induced prenatal stress on neurodevelopment of neonates: Role of GSK-3β. Scientific Reports 2019 Feb 4, 9 (1):1305 (doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-38085-2). IF-5.13
- Srivastav S, Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Bacopa monnieri attenuates paraquat induced toxicity in Drosophila by inhibiting apoptosis through redox stabilization and improved mitochondrial function. Neurochemistry International 2018, 121: 98-107. IF-4.29
- Ahmad MH, Fatima M, Hossain M, Mondal AC*. Evaluation of naproxen-induced oxidative stress, hepatotoxicity and in-vivo genotoxicity in male Wistar rats. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, 2018 Dec; 8(6):400-406. IF-8.80
- Ahmad MH, Rizvi MA, Ali M & Mondal AC*. Neurobiology of Depression in Parkinson’s disease: Insights into Epidemiology, Molecular Mechanisms and Treatment Strategies. Ageing Research Reviews (85) 2023. (doi.10.1016/j.arr.2022.101840). IF- 13.02
- Ahmad MH, Ghosh B, Rizvi MA, Fatima M, Ali M, Kaur L, Mondal AC*. Neural crest cells development and neuroblastoma progression: Role of Wnt signaling. Journal of Cellular Physiology 11 Dec, 2022 doi:10.1002/jcp.30931. PMID: 36502519. IF- 6.51
- XXXX Sandeep, Ahmad MH, Rani L, Mondal AC*. Convergent molecular pathways in type 2 diabetes mellitus and Parkinson’s disease: Insights into mechanisms and pathological consequences. (Molecular Neurobiology 2022, May 16, doi: 10.1007/s12035-022-02867-7). IF- 5.59
- Sahu MR, Rani L, Subba R & Mondal AC*. Impact of cellular senescence on the brain aging: A focus on neurodegenerative diseases. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 2022 Apr 14:111675. doi: 10.1016/j.mad.2022.111675. IF- 5.49
- Sahu MR & Mondal AC*. The emerging role of Hippo signaling in neurodegeneration. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2020; 98(5): 796-814. IF-4.43
- Rani L & Mondal AC*. Emerging concepts of mitochondrial dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease progression: Pathogenic and Therapeutic Implications. Mitochondrion 2020; 50: 25-34. IF-4.53
- Sushma & Mondal AC*. Role of GPCR signaling and calcium dysregulation in Alzheimer’s disease. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 2019 Oct 23; 101, 103414. IF-4.62
- Srivastav S., Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Important medicinal herbs in Parkinson’s disease pharmacotherapy. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 2017, 92: 856-863 IF-7.41