Ph D (Medical Virology)
Molecular Virology, Cancer Biology
2008 to present: Assistant Professor, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
2006 to 2008: Scientific Officer D, Department of Pathology, Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai.
2005: Post Doctoral Fellow, Virology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi.
2001- 2004: Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Ophthalmology, Dean McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma University of Health Sciences Centre, Oklahoma City, USA
2000 to 2001: Research Associate, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi.
1995 to 2000: PhD student, Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
1998: Junior Best Paper Award, XXII National congress of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, India 1998
1995 to 1999: Junior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, New Delhi
- Goyal P, Rajala MS, Reprogramming of glucose metabolism in virus infected cells. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry (2023) 28;1-10. doi: 10.1007/s11010-023-04669-4
- Kumar U, Goyal P, Madni ZK, Kamble K, Gaur V, Rajala MS and Salunke DM. A structure and knowledge-based combinatorial approach to engineering universal scFV antibodies against influenza M2 protein. J of Biomedical Science (2023) 30: 56, doi: 10.1186/s12929-023-00950-2
- Vadlamani S, Karmakar R, Kumar A, Rajala MS. Non metabolic role of alpha enolase in virus infections, Molecular Biology Reports (2023) Feb;50(2):1677-1686. doi: 10.1007/s11033-022-08067-9
- Verma J, Subbarao N, Rajala MS. Envelope proteins as antiviral drug target. J Drug Target (2020) 28(10):1046-1052. doi: 10.1080/1061186X.2020.1792916
- Mittal S, Rajala MS, Heat shock proteins as biomarkers of lung cancer. Cancer Biology and Therapy (2020), doi.org/10.1080/1538-4047.1736482
- Mittal S, Kamath A, Joseph AM, Rajala MS. PLCγ1-dependent invasion and migration of cells expressing NSCLC-associated EGFR mutants. Int J Oncology. (2020) 57(4):989-1000. doi: 10.3892/ijo.2020.5112
- Mishra S, Goyal P, Kumar D, Chaudhari R, Rajala MS. Experimental validation of influenza A virus Matrix protein (M1) interaction with host cellular alpha enolase and pyruvate kinase. Virology (2020) 549:59-67. doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2020.0
- Lal G, Rajala MS (2019). Combination of oncolytic measles virus armed with BNiP3, a pro-apoptotic gene and paclitaxel induces breast cancer cell death. 2019. Front. Oncol. 8:676, doi: 10.3389/fonc.2018.00676
- Lal G, Rajala MS (2018). Recombinant viruses with other anti-cancer therapeutics: a step towards advancement of oncolytic virotherapy. Cancer gene therapy.2018, DOI:10.1036/s41417-018-0018-1
- Kumar D, Tiwari K, Rajala MS. Analysis of A549 cell proteome alterations in response to recombinant Influenza A virus nucleoprotein and its interaction with cellular proteins, a preliminary study. Acta virologica (2017) 61: 56 - 65, doi: 10.4149/av_2017_01_56
- Kumar D, Broor S, Rajala MS (2016). Interaction of Host Nucleolin with Influenza A Virus Nucleoprotein in the Early Phase of Infection Limits the Late Viral Gene Expression. PLoS ONE; 11(10):e0164146. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0164146
- Xiao J, Natarajan K, Rajala MS, Astley RA, Butler MG, Ramadan R, Chodosh (2005). Vitronectin: A possible determinant of adenovirus type 19 tropism in the human corneal Epithelium. Am. J. Ophthal., 140: 363-369.
- Rajala MS, Rajala RV, Astley RA, Butt L and Chodosh J (2005). Corneal cell survival in Adenovirus type 19 infections requires Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase/Akt activation. J. Virol., 79: 12332-12341.
- Rajala MS, Sullender WM, Prasad AK, Dar L and Broor S (2003). Genetic variability among Group A and B Respiratory syncytial virus strain in India. J. Clin. Microbiol., 41: 2311-2316.
- Natarajan K, Rajala MS and Chodosh J (2003). Corneal IL-8 expression following adenovirus infection is mediated by c-Src activation in human corneal fibroblasts, J. Immunol., 170: 6234-624.