B.Sc. (Botany, Chemistry & Zoology) University of Allahabad, India (1992)
M.Sc. (Biochemistry), G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, India (1995)
Ph.D. (Biotechnology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India (2002)
Chemical Biology, Protein Chemistry, Proteomics / Protein Folding, Aggregation and Amyloid Fibril Formation
2015-Present: Associate Professor, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
2009-2015: Assistant Professor, Centre of Biotechnology, University of Allahabad, India.
2011-2013: Visiting Researcher, Linköping University, Sweden.
2006-2009: Research Associate, Dortmund University of Technology, Germany.
2005-2006: Postdoctoral Fellow, Linköping University, Sweden.
2002-2004: Postdoctoral Research Associate, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
* DAAD long term fellowship under “Sandwich Ph.D. Programme” (1999 to 2001), University of Potsdam, Germany.
* Qualified CSIR–UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility of university lecturership (1996).
* Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 1995.
* G.B. Pant University Graduate Teaching Assistantship (1994-1995)
* Rajesh Mishra, Robert Seckler and Rajiv Bhat. Efficient refolding of aggregation prone Citrate Synthase by polyol osmolytes: How well are protein folding and stability aspects coupled? Journal of Biological Chemistry (2005). 280, 15553-15560.
* Neil A. Whittemore*, Rajesh Mishra*, Indu Kheterpal, Angela D. Williams, Ronald Wetzel and Engin H. Serpersu. Hydrogen-deuterium exchange mapping of Abeta 1-40 amyloid fibril secondary structure using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Biochemistry (2005). 44, 4434-4441. (*equal contributing authors)
* Rajesh Mishra, Karin Sörgjerd, Amanda Nordigården, Sofie Nyström, Yen-Chi Yu and Per Hammarström. Lysozyme amyloidogenesis is accelerated by specific nicking and fragmentation but decelerated by intact protein binding and conversion. Journal of Molecular Biology (2007). 366, 1029-1044.
* Rajesh Mishra, Bruno Bulic, Daniel Sellin, Suman Jha, Herbert Waldmann, and Roland Winter. Small molecule inhibitors of islet amyloid polypeptide fibril formation. Angewandte Chemie international edition (2008). 47, 4679-4682.
* Rajesh Mishra and Roland Winter. Cold- and pressure-induced dissociation of protein aggregates and amyloid fibrils. Angewandte Chemie international edition (2008). 47, 6518-6521.
* Sofie Nyström, Rajesh Mishra, Simone Hornemann, Adriano Aguzzi, K.Peter R. Nilsson and Per Hammarström. Multiple substitutions of methionine 129 in human prion protein reveal its importance in the amyloid fibrillation pathway. Journal of Biological Chemistry (2012). 287, 25975-25984.
* Rajesh Mishra*, Daniel Sjölander* Per Hammarström. Spectroscopic characterization of diverse amyloid fibrils in-vitro by the fluorescent dye Nile red. Molecular Biosystems (2011). 7, 1232-1240. (*equal contributing authors)
* Katrin Weise, Rajesh Mishra, Suman Jha, Daniel Sellin, Diana Radovan, Andrea Gohlke, Christoph Jeworrek, Janine Seeliger Simone Möbitz and Roland Winter (Editor R. Jelinnek). Interaction of hIAPP and its precursors with Model and Biological Membranes. (2011) Lipids and Cellular membranes in Amyloid diseases (Wiley-VCH publisher).