Ph.D.: School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2007).
Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Epigenetics of Metabolic Vascular Syndromes and Diabetes
Molecular basis of host-pathogen interactions
2020- Assistant Professor and Ramalingaswami Fellow, School of Life Sciences.
2016-2019: Ramalingaswami Fellow and Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Central University of Haryana, Mahendergarh, Haryana, India.
2016-2016: Ramalingaswami Fellow, Center for Bioscience and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE), Indian Institute of Technology, Indore, MP, India.
2011-2015: Post Doctoral Fellow, Center for Metabolic and Degenerative Diseases, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas, Houston, Texas, USA (Prof. Vihang Narkar's laboratory).
2009-2011: Post Doctoral Fellow, Division of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA (Prof. Ramesh Shivdasani's laboratory).
2007-2009: Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, MA, USA (Prof. David Kaplan's laboratory).
Jan 2019-July 2019: Visiting Scientist, University of Texas, Houston, Texas, USA
2015: Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India.
- Pooja Sanduja, Manish Gupta, Vikas Kumar Somani, Vikas Yadav, Meenakshi Dua, Emanuel Hanski, Abhinay Sharma, Rakesh Bhatnagar, Atul Kumar Johri. Cross-serotype protection against group A Streptococcal infections induced by immunization with SPy_2191. Nature Communications. 2020; 11:3545. (IF: 11.5)
- Neah Likhite, Vikas Yadav, Eric J. Milliman, Danesh H. Sopariwala, Sabina Lorca, Nithya P. Narayana, Megha Sheth, Erin L. Reineke, Vincent Giguère and Vihang Narkar. Loss of estrogen-related receptor alpha facilitates angiogenesis in endothelial cells. Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB). 2019; 39: e00411-18. (IF: 4.2)
- Vikas Yadav, Lin Sun, Bruce Paniliatis, David L Kaplan. In vitro chondrogenesis with lysozyme susceptible bacterial cellulose as a scaffold. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. 2015; 9(12):E276-88. (IF: 4.4)
- Vikas Yadav, Antonios Matsakas, Sabina Lorca, Vihang A Narkar. PGC1β activates an antiangiogenic program to repress neoangiogenesis in muscle ischemia. Cell Reports. 2014, 8: 783–797. (IF: 9.5)
- Antonios Matsakas, Vikas Yadav, Sabina Lorca, Ronald M Evans, Vihang A Narkar. Revascularization of ischemic muscle by estrogen-related receptor gamma. Circulation Research. 2012; 110(8): 1087-96. (IF: 13.8)
- Vikas Yadav, Manoj Kumar, Deepak Kumar Deep, Narendra Tuteja, Ajay Kumar Saxena and Atul Kumar Johri. A phosphate transporter from the root endophytic fungus Piriformosporaindica plays a role in the phosphate transport to the host plant. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2010; 285(34): 26532-44. (IF: 4.5)
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books (upto 3)
Patents (if any)