The University has three Guest Houses namely Aravali Guest House and Aravali International Guest House and Gomti Guest House. Aravali and Aravali International Guest Houses are situated on the campus adjacent to the academic complex. The Gomti Guest House is located behind FICCI Auditorium, in the heart of Delhi, Tansen Marg Mandi House, New Delhi.
These Guest Houses are primarily meant for official guests of the Jawaharlal Nehru University /participants of Seminars / Workshops/ Symposia / Conferences / Training Programs, Organized by the University / Centers / Departments as well as those sponsored by the UGC.
BOOKING PROCEDURE : Research Scholars/Teachers from other educational/academic institutions who come to Delhi for academic work and are sponsored by their respective institutions may also be accommodated provided they write for reservation of rooms to the Public Relations Officer or Manager Guest House, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, India. Such provisional bookings are liable to be cancelled without assigning any reason in case the University needs the rooms for its own use.
The Guest Houses provide beddings (bed sheet, pillow, sheet, pillow-cover, blanket, mattress etc.). An inventory of articles for use in the rooms is available in each room. The guests are requested to check these items at the time of occupying the room. The responsibility for any missing item will, thereafter, rest with the guests. The guests are responsible for proper use and upkeep of the materials/fixtures provided in the rooms as also in the guest house. They shall be liable to pay charges for any loss or damage caused during their stay.
The maximum stay permissible is ten days. Guests are required to make entries in the Register with the Guest-House-Keeper before occupying the room. Foreigners may kindly give details of their passports and Visas. Request for the reservation of the room has to be given in writing by filling .
1. No rent would be charged from the invited official guests of the University in JNU guest house for attending meeting of Statuary committee like Academic council, Finance committee, Executive council, Court meeting, Examination, Selection committee, Viva-voice etc.
2. A Priority list has been approved for allotment of rooms in the University Guest houses which is as follows:-
First Priority :- Guests who are coming to attend Selection Committee/Viva-voce/EC/AC/Court/FC/Board of studies Meeting etc (Rent status- Rentfree).
Second Priority:- Visiting team from UGC-HRD Ministry in relation to University academic programs and NDA officers, Visiting JNU for signing degrees (Rent status- Rentfree).
Third Priority- Visiting Faculty/Visiting Scholars/Student & Faculty members under MOU / Newly appointment faculty members.
Fourth Priority- Seminar (Conference/Workshop/Symposia organized by JNU).
Last Priority- Personal guest of JNU Community.
24 hrs from the time of Arrival. The Guest may check in at any time. However, for the purpose of accounting, a day means 24 hours from the time of occupation/arrival. Fraction of day will be counted as full day.
Duration of stay
Ordinarily a person will be allowed to stay for maximum 10 days only. In exceptional cases the extension may be granted subject to the prior approval of the Incharge Guest House /Manager depending upon the availability of rooms.
Extension: The extension is granted by the Public Relations Officer or Manager Guest House only. Therefore, all such requests should be sent to them through the Asst. Manager at least 24 hours in advance. Where the extension of stay has not been allowed, the stay of the person beyond the approved period will be treated as unauthorized. For such unauthorized period, he/she will be charged double the rent he/she was paying immediately before the expiry of the authorized period. The Guest Housekeeper has the authority to over lock such rooms in case the guest refuses to make payment at penal rent or any other action as deemed as per the university rules.
Cancellation: Cancellation, if any, should be made at least 7 days in advance. If no cancellation is made in time, the guests will have to pay till the date of departure even if the room remained vacant because of the late arrival of the guest. The University reserves the right to cancel or refuse accommodation if it is satisfied that the stay of such person(s) is not in the interest of the University.
(in Rs. per day)
(in Rs. Per day)
Non AC (Single)
Non AC (Double)
|Suite||-||-||-||1000.00 + GST|
Blower/Heater charges Rs. 100/- per room/per day
- All dues should be cleared before departure during office hours (10 AM – 5 PM) on working days.
- At least 50% rental charges should be paid in advance at the time of occupying the room.
- Please demand official receipts for all payments made.
Advisory Committee ( w.e.f. 02/03/2016)
Rector : Chairperson
Registrar : Member
Representative of JNUTA : Member
Public Relation Officer: Member
Incharge (Engg. Branch) : Member
Manager, Guest Houses : Member Secretary
Some Do's and Dont's
- Persons staying in the Guest House are not entitled to bring in unauthorized guest(s) to stay with them in the Guest House.
- The Guest House closes at 10 PM in winter and 11 PM in summer. Those staying out for the night or coming late should inform the Guest-House-Keeper/Security Guard in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
- The University authorities are not responsible for valuable items kept in the rooms.
- Male visitors/guests are not allowed in the rooms occupied by female guests and vice-versa.
- Alcoholic drinks in the Guest House are strictly prohibited.
- Any damage or loss to the Guest Houses will be subject to a fine which would be paid by the Requisitioner.
- The tariff is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Visitor for guests residing in Guest House is allowed from 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. only.
- Pets are not allowed
- Damaging of property or defacing any notice/poster/walls etc. of the Guest Houses is illegal.
- We do not accept credit/debit cards. Payment is accepted only in cash.
- All visitors coming to see a guest staying in the guest house shall have to make entries in the register available with the security guard.
- Cooking/Washing is not allowed in the rooms.
- Food/meals, except tea/coffee/cold drinks, are served only in the dinning hall.
- The guests are requested to switch off the lights and fans, close windows and lock their rooms when they go out.
- Please do not pay tips to the staff.
- The Guest House is meant for you. Please help us keep it clean.
- There is always room for improvement. Suggestions/complaints, if any, may be put in the suggestion box outside the office.
- The responsibity for the formalities regarding the foreign guests lies with the requisitioner.
a. Aravali Guest House -011-26704730 , Ext. 4730
b. Aravali International Guest House-011-26704731,Ext.4731
c. Gomti Guest House-011-23328689,23312624
Phone :011-26704730 , Ext. 4730
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org