* Ph.D, Department of Genetics, Delhi University South Campus, New Delhi (2007)
* M.Sc, Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka, India (2001)
* B.Sc, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, Assam, India (1999)
Comparative genomics, computational and systems biology of Ghost chili and other Capsicum species.
- Professor, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (June 2022- till date)
- Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Delhi Technological University (December 2018 –Nov 30, 2020)
- Assistant Professor, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (October 2012-June 2023)
- Visiting Scientist, Athens Agricultural University, Greece (2015-2016)
- Visiting Scientist, Molecular Genetics and Genomics Lab, Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea (January 2012 – April 2012)
- Assistant Professor, Gauhati University (September, 2011-September, 2012)
- Postdoc, Molecular Genetics and Genomics Lab, Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea (February 2008 – September 2011)
- Postdoc, Centre for Genetic Manipulation of Crop Plants, Department of Genetics, Delhi University South Campus, New Delhi (April 2007- January 2008)
- Erasmus Mundas European Union BRAVE Fellowship to Visit Athens Agricultural University, Greece (2015-2016)
- Ramalingaswami Re-Entry-Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India (2012-2017)
- Ramanujan Fellowship, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India (selected in January, 2012, not availed)
- National Research Foundation Fellowship for Foreign Postdoctoral Researcher, Government of Korea (March 2010 to Feb, 2011)
- Awarded Junior Research and Senior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, India
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship for Masters by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, India
- Ahmad I, Rawoof A, Islam K, Momo J, Anju T, Kumar A, Ramchiary N (2023) Diversity and expression analysis of ZIP transporters and associated metabolites under zinc and iron stress in Capsicum. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 196:415-430
- Rawoof A, Ahmad I, Islam K, Momo J, Kumar A, Jaiswal V, Ramchiary N (2022) Integrated omics analysis identified genes and their splice variants involved in fruit development and metabolites production in Capsicum species. Functional & Integrative Genomics, 22:1189–1209
- Jaiswal V, Rawoof A, Gahlaut V, Ahmad I, Chhapekar SS, Dubey M, Ramchiary N(2022) Integrated analysis of DNA methylation, transcriptome, and global metabolites in interspecific heterotic Capsicum F1 hybrid. Iscience, 25:105318
- Ahmad I, Rawoof A, Islam K, Momo J, Ramchiary N(2021) Identification and expression analysis of phosphate transporter genes and metabolites in response to phosphate stress in Capsicum annuum. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 190: 104597
- Islam K, Rawoof A, Ahmad I, Dubey M, Momo J, Ramchiary N (2021) Capsicum chinense MYB Transcription Factor Genes: Identification, Expression Analysis, and Their Conservation and Diversification With Other Solanaceae Genomes. Front. Plant Sci. 12:721265.
- Chhapekar SS, Brahma V, Rawoof A, Kumar N,Gaur R, Jaiswal V, Kumar A, Yadava SK, Kumar R, Sharma V,Babu SS, Ramchiary N (2020) Transcriptome profiling, simple sequence repeat markers development and genetic diversity analysis of potential industrial crops Capsicum chinense and C. frutescens of Northeast India: Industrial Crops and Products, 154, 112687
- Rawoof A, Chhapeka SS, Jaiswal V, Brahma V, Kumar N, Ramchiary N(2020) Single-base cytosine methylation analysis in fruits of three Capsicum species. Genomics 112:3342-3353
- Chhapekar SS, Kumar N, Srapras M, Brahma Vijaya, Rawoof A, jaiswal V, Kumar A, Sarmah BK, Ramchiary N(2021) Profiling of miRNAs in Bhut Jolokia (Capsicum chinense) and Kon Jolokia (C. frutescens) of Northeast India. Scientia Horticultuae. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2021.109952
- M S, Ahmad I, Rawoof A, Ramchiary N. (2019) Comparative analysis of developmental changes of fruit metabolites, antioxidant activities and mineral elements content in Bhut jolokia and other Capsicum species. LWT Food Science and Technology. Volume 105: 363-370
- Dubey M, Jaiswal J, Abdul Rawoof A, Kumar A, Nitin M, Chhapekar SS, Kumar N, Ahmad I, Islam K, Brahma V, Ramchiary N (2019) Identification of genes involved in fruit development/ripening in Capsicum and development of functional markers. Genomics. doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2019.01.002
- M S, Gaur R, Sharma V, Chhapekar SS , Das J, Kumar A , Ramchiary N (2016) Comparative Analysis of Fruit Metabolites and Pungency Candidate Genes Expression between Bhut Jolokia and Other Capsicum Species. PLoS ONE 11(12): e0167791. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0167791
- Ramchiary N and Kole C (2019) The Capsicum Genome, Springer International Publishing, Cham.
- Islam K, Momo J, Rawoof A, Vijay A, Anusree VK, Kumar A, Ramchiary N (2023) Integrated Use of Molecular and Omics Approaches for Breeding High Yield and Stress Resistance Chili Peppers. In: Singh S, Sharma D, Sharma SK and Singh R (eds.), Smart Plant Breeding for Vegetable Crops in Post-genomics Era, 279-335, Springer Nature Singapore.
- Vijay A, Kumar A, Islam I, Momo J, Ramchiary N (2022) Functional genomics to understand the tolerance mechanism against biotic and abiotic stresses in Capsicum species. In: Ali MA and Lee J (eds.), Transcriptome Profiling :Progress and Prospects, pp:305-332, Academic Press.
- Jaiswal V, Gahlaut V, Chhapekar SS, Ramchiary N (2022) Genomic Selection in Solanaceae: Status, Opportunities and Future Prospects. In: Elias AA and Goel S(eds.). Genomic Selection in Plants: A Guide for Breeders, CRC Press.
- Momo J, Islam K, Kumar K, Ramchiary N (2022) Molecular Approaches for Breeding Abiotic Stress Tolerance Traits in Capsicum Species. In: Kole C (ed.). Genomic Designing for Abiotic Stress Resistant Vegetable Crops pp 77–114, Springer, Singapore.
- Islam K, Kumar K, Yadava SK, Momo J, Ramchiary N (2022) Genomic Designing for Breeding Biotic Stress Resistant Pepper Crop: In: Kole C (ed.). Genomic Designing for Biotic Stress Resistant Vegetable Crops pp 65–145, Springer, Singapore.