M.Sc. (Life Sciences)
Ph.D. (Life Sciences - Biochemistry)
The area of interest is to understand biochemical and molecular mechanism(s) of metabolic disorder-induced chronic inflammatory diseases including diabetic and cardiovascular complications, cancer, asthma and COPD through cutting edge research and discover and develop potential mechanism-based molecular medicine for clinical intervention and therapy.
2020 – Present Professor, Special Centre for Molecular Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067, India
July – Aug 2020 Professor, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
2017 – 2020 Associate Professor, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
2013 – 2017 Assistant Professor, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
2010 – 2013 Faculty (Instructor/Asst. Professor), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0647, USA
2009 – 2013 Adjunct faculty, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0647, USA
2004 – 2010 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0647, USA
2004 Lecturer, Bio-Engineering research center, RAI International University, New Delhi, India
2000 – 2003 Senior Research Fellow (SRF), School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
1998 – 2000 Junior Research Fellow (JRF), School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
2013: Awarded Ramanujan Fellowship by the department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, New Delhi.
2007: ARVO Foundation for Eye Research/Retina Research Foundation/ Joseph M. and Eula C. Lawrence Scholarship Travel Grant to attend and present the abstract at the ARVO Annual Meeting, May 6-10, Fort-Lauderdale, FL, USA
2000-2003: Senior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission & School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
1998- 2000: Junior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission (UGC) & School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
1998: Awarded Joint CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship in Life Sciences and Eligibility for Lectureship, New Delhi, India.
1997: Awarded Joint CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship in Life Sciences and Eligibility for Lectureship, New Delhi, India.
1995-1997: Merit Cum Mean scholarship, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Dholia N, Sethi GS, Naura AS, Yadav UCS. Cysteinyl leukotriene D4 (LTD4) promotes airway epithelial cell inflammation and remodelling. Inflamm Res. 2020 Nov 2. doi: 10.1007/s00011-020-01416-z.
- Rather HA, Patel R, Yadav UCS, Vasita R. Dual drug-delivering polycaprolactone-collagen scaffold to induce early osteogenic differentiation and coupled angiogenesis. Biomed Mater. 2020 May 19;15(4):045008. doi: 10.1088/1748-605X/ab7978.
- Prasad N, Sharma JR, Yadav UCS. Induction of growth cessation by acacetin via β-catenin pathway and apoptosis by apoptosis inducing factor activation in colorectal carcinoma cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2020 Feb;47(2):987-1001. doi: 10.1007/s11033-019-05191-x.
- Agraval H, Yadav UCS*. MMP-2 and MMP-9 mediate cigarette smoke extract-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in airway epithelial cells via EGFR/Akt/GSK3β/β-catenin pathway: Amelioration by fisetin. Chem Biol Interact. 2019 Oct 10: 314, 108846. Doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.108846
- Patel R, Varghese JF, Singh RP, Yadav UCS*. Induction of endothelial dysfunction by oxidized low-density lipoproteins via downregulation of Erk-5/Mef2c/Klf2 signaling: Amelioration by fisetin. Biochimie. 2019 Jun 11; 163: 152-162. DOI. 10.1016/j.biochi.2019.06.007
- Varghese JF, Patel R, Yadav UCS*. Sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP) -1 mediates oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) induced macrophage foam cell formation through NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Cellular Signalling. 2019 Jan; 53: 316-326. Doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2018.10.020.
- Dholia N and Yadav UCS*. Lipid mediator Leukotriene D4-induces airway epithelial cells proliferation through EGFR/ERK1/2 pathway. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2018 May; 136:55-63.
- Rani V, Deep G, Singh RK, Palle K, Yadav UC. Oxidative stress and metabolic disorders: Pathogenesis and therapeutic strategies, Life Sciences, Available online 3 February 2016, ISSN 0024-3205, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2016.02.002.
- Yadav UC*, Srivastava SK. Cysteinyl Leukotrienes (CysLTs): Role in Obesity-Induced Asthma. Curr Mol Med. 2015; 15(7):598-605.
- Yadav UC, et al., Aldose reductase regulates acrolein-induced cytotoxicity in human small airway epithelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013; 65C:15-25.
- Functional Food and Human Health. Yadav UC and Rani V (Eds), Springer (India) Private Ltd., New Delhi, 2018. ISBN 978-981-13-1123-9 (eBook); DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-1123-9
- Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease: Oxidative Stress and Human Health. Yadav UC, Rani V (Eds), Springer (India) Private Ltd., New Delhi, 2015. ISBN 978-81-322-2034-3; DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-2035-0
- Invited lead guest editor for a special issue “Oxidative Stress in Metabolic Disorders: Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Therapeutics” of the journal ‘Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity’ (2015) Hindawi Publishing Corporation.
- Human Anatomy and physiology, Various contributors, OpenStax College, Rice University, Houston, Texas, 25 April 2013. ISBN-13: 978-1-938168-13-0
- Yadav, Umesh CS, and Patel Rohit. Method of Treatment of Atherosclerosis by Blocking oxidized low-density Lipoprotein-induced endothelial dysfunction. Indian patent (PTIN-0018270) filed July 2018.
- Srivastava, Satish K., Kota V. Ramana, and Umesh Yadav. "Methods for Treating COPD" US 8,785,483 B2, United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) Awarded July 22, 2014.