Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies (TRCFS)
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Last Date of Submission of Application: 3rd September 2022
Position: Consultant Researcher
Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies of JNY has its inception in 2020. This is an Academic Cluster on Frugality Studies, that are centered around the innovations by and for the marginal community, for enhancing livelihood, water & energy conservation, and better health access. This cluster is aimed at studying Frugality in technological development, products and processes in organizations and societies, identifying the concerned regulatory, ethical, funding and governance issues of frugal innovations. The Universities who are from different transdisciplinary social science backgrounds ranging from Economics, Policy, Sustainability & Governance, Law, and Ethics. The cluster would also like to take the services of a consultant from technology and engineering background to take care of the technological nitty-gritties and product designs that involves frugal innovation studies.
The contract will be for a period of one year and renewal of the contract will be carried out with the recommendation of the coordinator, TRCFS.
Compensation Package: The Consultant shall receive a consolidated monthly salary of Rs 60,000/-
Essential Qualification: Minimum education qualification: A PhD Degree in Science, Technology and Society from a reputed University/Institute in India.
Desirable Qualification: Work experience in the field of Frugal Innovation studies.
- - To assist the faculty members in liaising with administrative departments and organizations involved in frugal innovations.
- - To assist in exploring funding and collaboration opportunities for TRCFS
- - To assist the TRCFS members in research work, field visits and data analysis
How to Apply
- - Candidates who meet the above requirements can send their applications along with their CV and a letter stating their suitability for the cluster to: Coordinator, Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies (TRCFS) JNU, New Delhi at the email ID: email@example.com by 17:00 hours 3rd September 2022
- - Applications received after the last date will not be considered for any reason whatsoever.
- - Candidates should enclose self-attested copy of the certificates in educational qualification, experience etc., along with the Application letter through email.
- - The name of the ‘post applied for’ should be clearly mentioned in BOLD LETTERS on the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interaction on Zoom/Skype/Google Meet.
The decision of the selection committee is final.